Being stuck inside on a rainy day doesn’t mean you’re staring out the window all day, wishing to be outside. If you’re looking for something to keep you busy, I’ve made a list of things to do to get rid of the boredom.
1. Read a book or magazine – It’s time to dust off those books and magazines you’ve been meaning to read. Catch up on your favorite magazine or spend time with a good book and a cup of coffee or tea.
2. Crafts – While the sun isn’t shining, find something you’ve been wanting to make and put those craft supplies to good use!
3. Photos – Organize photos into a box or album. This is a good time to see what might be of good use for scrapbooking!
4. Cleaning or organizing – Get those indoor chores done while it’s raining! Use this time to get rid of clutter, clean, and organize things that have been on your list.
5. Start a journal – A journal is a good way to practice writing or to get down your thoughts. There are many books out there with journal writing prompts. A few ideas are to write about things that have happened that day or week, different experiences, people and places, and how you are feeling.
6. Pick up a hobby – Try painting, drawing, or anything you would like to try your hand at. You might find things you’re interested in at a book store or craft store. Beginners kits are an easy way to get the materials you need to get started.
7. Movies – Rent a movie or watch an old favorite. Watch movies back-to-back and make it a movie marathon. Pop some popcorn and settle in!
8. Cooking or baking – Open up that cookbook or find a recipe online. Learn to make something new or make something you’ve always loved.
9. Games – Board games or card games are great ways to pass the time and have fun. Grab some friends and share some snacks!
10. Exercise – Get on the treadmill or follow along to a workout DVD. Get moving while indoors!