If you’re looking for a way to keep your home smelling a little fresher, these DIY garbage can deodorizers might do the trick! They are easy to make and take just a few household ingredients. Just toss one into the garbage can to keep odors away.
For this recipe, I used lemon essential oil, although you can use whatever essential oil you’d like. I also used silicone baking cups, but you can use disposable baking cups as well.
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 – 5 drops essential oil (each)
- baking cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix 2 cups baking soda and 1/2 cup water in a bowl.
- Spoon 1 -2 Tbsp. each into the baking cups.
- Bake the deodorizers for 20 min. on a baking sheet.
- Once they are done baking, add 3 – 5 drops essential oil to each baking cup.
- Allow the deodorizers to cool and remove them from the baking cups.