Flower pens add a decorative accent to your desktop and are fun and easy to make. For this project, you can choose any kind of artificial flower that you like. You will also need ballpoint pens. I chose Bic Cristal Xtra Bold because they are bright and colorful, although any ballpoint pen will do.
You will need:
- artificial flowers
- ballpoint pens
- green masking tape or floral tape
- sturdy scissors
- Start by measuring the length of the pen.
- Cut the stem of the flower about half the length of the pen. If you can’t cut all the way through the stem, bend the stem several times until it snaps.
3. Next, cut several inches of tape. Wrap the tape around the top of the pen one time.
4. Then place the stem against the pen and begin to wrap the tape downward. Make sure to wrap it tightly and spiral down the pen as you go.
5. Continue to wrap the tape down the pen. When you run out of tape, cut several inches again and start where you left off.
6. Wrap the tape to the end of the pen, leaving some room for the cap.