In an earlier blog post (July 12, 2020), I showed three simple ways to make dog toys out of old socks. The braided sock dog toy, shown above, takes only a few more steps to make. This toy is still uses old socks and is very easy to make.
One thing to keep in mind while making the braided sock dog toy is to use longer socks. You will need several extra inches to braid and tie the socks.
You Will Need:
- 2 old socks
- sharp scissors
- Begin by cutting the socks open so they lay flat.
2. Cut each sock into three strips, about 2 or 3 inches wide. You will need a total of 6 strips.
3. Gather all 6 strips and tie them together in a tight knot.
4. Pair 2 strips together each to make the 3 pieces needed to make a braid.
5. Begin to braid the sock strips. Pull the strips to tighten the braid as you go.
6. Braid several inches if the sock strips, making sure to leave enough length at the end to tie another knot.
7. Trim the strips to make both sides even. You’re done!
Join the TwoSavvyCents e-mail list for e-mails and newsletters about what’s new!