Send decorative and unique cards and letters by making your own lined envelopes. These are easy to make using an envelope you already have and some decorative paper.
I used 5 1/4″ x 7 1/4″ invitation envelopes that are a good size for greeting cards and photos. I also used cardstock and scrapbook paper for the liner. Feel free to use any kind of envelope or decorative paper that you like.
What you need:
- an envelope
- decorative paper
- glue stick or quick dry glue
- a pencil
- ruler or tape measure
- Start by tracing the envelope onto the decorative paper.
2. Measure 1/2″ along the inside of the line you’ve already drawn. Use a pencil to lightly mark along the inside edge of the envelope.
3. Cut out the envelope, following the marks drawn 1/2″ inside the traced envelope.
4. Place the decorative paper into the envelope. Make sure the liner is all the way to the bottom of the inside of the envelope, and that there is enough room on the flap for sealing the envelope.
5. Crease the liner along the same crease of the flap of the envelope.
6. Lightly glue the sides and bottom of the liner flap.
7. Press the glued liner flap to the flap on the envelope. You’re done!
Join the TwoSavvyCents e-mail list for e-mails and newsletters about what’s new!