Balls of yarn have always been toys for cats. Add a little catnip with some glue and a styrofoam ball, and you have an enticing new toy for your cat.
I used 3 inch styrofoam balls and 22 yards of yarn to make the toys, although feel free to use smaller styrofoam balls for smaller cats.
You will be handling the styrofoam balls while they are covered in glue, so you might want to keep paper towels near by.
What you need:
- styrofoam balls
- paper plate or other surface for catnip
- Place some catnip in a paper plate.
- Coat the styrofoam ball in glue using a paint brush.
- Roll the styrofoam ball in the catnip until it is mostly covered.
4. To begin wrapping the styrofoam ball in yarn, hold the end of the yarn against the ball and wrap the yarn around so it holds the first piece in place.
5. Continue to wrap the ball in yarn until it is covered.
6. Tuck the end of the yarn into the yarn wrapped around the ball. Use a dab of glue to keep it in place.
7. You’re done!
Join the TwoSavvyCents e-mail list for e-mails and newsletters about what’s new!