Why pay high prices for those expensive reed diffusers at the store when you can make one at home? Making a reed diffuser with essential oils is easy and you can make your own favorite scent.
For this project, you will need essential oils, a glass bottle with a long skinny neck, wood diffuser reeds, and a light carrier oil such as coconut oil, sweet almond oil, or apricot kernel oil. All of these are fairly inexpensive and can be purchased at a craft stores or online. When buying your glass bottle, make sure that the height of the bottle isn’t taller than the diffuser reeds.
Choose any combination of essential oils that you like. I used an essential oil blend recipe that I found on Pinterest using peppermint oil, rosemary oil and spearmint oil.
You will need:
- reed diffuser sticks
- essential oils
- a light carrier oil such as coconut oil, apricot kernel oil or sweet almond oil
- a glass bottle with a long skinny neck
- small plastic funnel (optional)
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup carrier oil to the glass bottle, depending on the size of your bottle.
2. Add 25 – 35 drops of essential oils.
3. Place 5 -10 reed diffuser sticks in the bottle.
Join the TwoSavvyCents e-mail list for e-mails and newsletters about what’s new!