If you want to enjoy the sunshine and fresh air this summer, sitting in a lawn chair won’t keep your attention for long. There can be plenty of activities for kids, but what are you going to do? If you’re not looking to spend a lot of money for entertainment, you might be out of ideas for things to do. Below is a list of summertime activities that can be easy and cheap (or even free!). If you don’t live in a city where you have sidewalks or a lawn you can use, nearby parks are a great resource.
1. Events at parks – Check with your local park to see what events they have to offer. Many are cheap and even free. Lots of parks offer music, plays, games and other things to do for everyone.
2. Ride a bike – Enjoy the warmer weather by going for a bike ride. Parks can have trails for biking as well as walking and hiking.
3. Walk, hike or jog – Get out and spend time with mother nature on the trails, or simply just take a walk. If you’re the more active type, you might like to go for a run to stay active.
4. Swim – If there isn’t a nearby pool or lake you can use, visit your neighborhood park or beach. There’s no better time of year than the summer to take a dip!
5. Go to the park – Relax, have fun, play a game….the options are endless.
6. Pick up a hobby – Write, paint, draw, crafts. Hobbies don’t need to be costly or elaborate. A simple sketch book or journal is all it takes to start a new hobby.
7. Read – Outside on a blanket or in a lawn chair, your surroundings and a little fresh air make all the difference
8. Cookout/grill – Hot dogs, hamburgers, fresh veggies, you name it! Don’t let the summer pass you by without tasting delicious food on the grill!